Friday 13 July 2012

Making another short film

In September I will be helping some of the lower school pupils to make short films about each other. For this I am now making a "How not to make your film" short film. The Assistant Librarian has just helped me with the film clips and I will be editing it together soon.  I am hoping that it will teach and amuse at the same time.

The Flip cameras we have are easy to use but can result in shaky-hands filming that can make the viewer quite sea-sick. I am hoping that the pupils can watch my film and avoid those common pitfalls.

They will plan, film and edit their film in just one day so it is a big task to get it right. I am hopeful though and I think that this practise session will enable them to learn some techiques that they can use later in the year for some of their projects and class work.

No comments: